QualityCoast & Green Destinations Awards
Awards recognize excellence in the primary aspects connected to destination’s quality offer to travellers. Awards recognise excellence based on Green Destinations Standard criteria and indicators.
Participants summarise what is done to adhere to the criteria and upload supporting evidence. After verification by an independent auditor, this information leads to ratings (scores 1-10) for your adherence to the criteria, for each of the six main themes, and the average for all criteria.
Especially for seaside and waterfront destinations who prefer that title, e.g. QualityCoast Gold Destination. Specific attention is given to waterfronts, beach management and bathing water quality
Green Destinations Awards
For any type of destination
The following rules apply to the Awards programme:
- Every two years we hire an independent external expert (auditor) who checks your adherence with the criteria. This is the way the Policy Rating is adjusted.
- The first audit is an on-site audit (unless agreed otherwise). In case of an onsite audit the auditor will visit you, check evidence, and interview the sustainability coordinator, stakeholders, and your destnation's leadership (council member, mayor, vice-mayor, director etc.). Online and onsite audit alternate,
- A Bronze Award can already be assigned after a desk audit. Higher Award levels can only be assigned after at least one onsite audit. When you request an extra onsite audit, extra costs will apply (Annex 1).
- It is usually not possible to fully comply with all criteria within a few years. Therefore, the coaching we provide aims at stepwise strengthening your capacity in policy and management.
- Annual or biannual Awards provide a recognition of progress made.
- You can take advantage of the annual Award presentations in your marketing. Our Awards and the stories regarding your achievements are just as interesting for travellers as your destination certification.
For more information and fees, please contact us.
A verified Green Destinations Standard score (% compliance); ready to be awarded by one of the partner Award & Certification programmes, yielding additional marketing & promotion benefits (additional fees for participation in the Award & Certification programmes apply, including costs of an on-site audit.